Family-Based Immigration

One of the most popular methods for obtaining permanent resident or “green card” status in the United States is through a family-based petition. Under current U.S. immigration laws, U.S. citizens can petition for their husbands, wives, children (including both adult and minor children), parents and siblings. U.S permanent residents can also petition on behalf of their husbands, wives, and children under age 21.

Once that petition is approved, the qualifying family member is eligible for permanent residency in the United States and can seek an Immigrant Visa or apply for Adjustment of Status.

U.S. citizens can also petition for a fiance–allowing their loved one to enter the United States in anticipation for an upcoming marriage.

If you are interested in sponsoring a family member for permanent residency, or if you have questions about potential family-based immigration options, please contact our office to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our immigration attorneys.

Contact Us

    DISCLAIMER: Do not send any confidential or sensitive information without first speaking to one of our attorneys and receiving confirmation that the appropriate conflict checks have been cleared and the firm determines that it is otherwise able to accept the engagement. Any information or documents sent prior to receiving such confirmation cannot be treated as confidences, secrets, or protected information. Submitting information through this website does NOT automatically create an attorney-client relationship.